Privately-owned asset management firm Matthews has launched five actively managed exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on the New York Stock Exchange, bringing its suite of emerging market (EM) and Asia-focused ETFs to 10, following the launch of its active ETF platform last year.
The five new funds are:
- Pacific Tiger Active ETF, a core regional fund that seeks to invest in high-quality growth companies in Asia (ex Japan)
- India Active ETF, a single-country all-cap fund that seeks to invest in innovative and entrepreneurial businesses across sectors and themes that will benefit from the country’s long-term structural growth drivers
- Japan Active ETF, a single-country all-cap high-conviction fund that seeks to invest in companies that are domestic, regional and global leaders in their sectors
- Asia Dividend Active ETF, a core regional fund that seeks to invest in growth companies in Asia-Pacific with lower volatility
- Emerging Markets Sustainable Future Active ETF, an unconstrained, high-conviction all-cap fund that seeks to invest in companies focused on making positive environmental, social and economic impact within global EMs.
“After a period of under-allocation, institutions and professional investors are increasingly seeking greater control by adding more customized EM exposures to their portfolios,” says Cooper Abbott, the company’s CEO. “These new active ETFs provide sophisticated investors with the power of choice to selectively express their investment views – both strategically and tactically.”